Marcel Andre Bouraine (1886-1948) was born in Pontoise (Seine-et-Oise), studied at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts under Jean-Alexandre-Joseph Falguière, who worked in a realistic manner. During the First World War he was captured and interned in Switzerland. After the war he returned to France. Burin exhibited at the Salon of the Tuileries in 1922. The following year he joined the Société des Artistes Français, exhibiting regularly at their salons in Paris. His works are small sculptures in bronze, ivory and ceramics, which he created for several French firms, including Susse Freres, Max Le Verrier, Etling and Arthur Goldscheider.
Buren exhibited with the groups La Stele and L’Evolution at various international exhibitions, including the 1925 International Exhibition of Artistic Decoration and Modern Art, which gave Art Deco its name.
Boraine completed two major commissions at the Paris International Exhibition of 1937: a polychrome cement bas-relief (twelve square meters in size) for the fountain in the Crafts Center and a ceramic statue for the Sèvres Pavilion (190 cm in height).
In 1928, the famous glassmaker Gabriel Argy-Russo (1885-1953) commissioned Buren to order several female figurines, as well as a large fountain and illuminated group, which were cast using the translucent pâte-de-cristal technique in luxurious colors such as violet, amber , green and pink.